Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pretty Little Notepads

These notepads are really fun to make and pretty cute too!
Great for stocking stuffers, teacher and friend gifts, these notecards can be made completely upcycled if you'd like.
Gather Supplies: Scrap Paper (any extra paper you have laying around will work), Scrap Cardstock or Postcards (or you can purchase cute scrapbook paper), Paper Punch, Papercutter or Sissors and Ribbon.
You'll want to determine how thick you want your notepad, I made mine 75 pages thick.  You'll also need to determine what size you'd like your pad to be.  I made mine around 4x6 or somewhere in there.
Depending on the age of your children they can do one of two things, either measure and cut the cardstock and paper with a papercutter or punch holes in the paper and cardstock.  What I do is grab a spare piece of cardstock to make a template.  I use this template to know where to punch the holes in the rest of my paper.  I place my template on top of my paper or cardstock, line it up and punch my holes.  This can take some time, depending on how thick you want your notepad to be.
If you don't want to mess with hole punching, you can take your precut paper and cardstock to your local office supply store and they will punch it for you.
When you're finished punching your holes, simply thread your ribbon from the bottom up and tie in a bow!
Have Fun!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment